Wednesday, February 3, 2016

"Don't Judge a Book by Its Cover"

"Don't judge a book by its cover." This is a statement that I strongly stand behind. There are tons of good books that I probably would have never read if I only looked at the cover. I like to give books a try, but I also completely believe in not finishing a book if it's just not for you.The first two books below have really intricate and interesting covers, but that was deceiving. In my quest to read all 20 of the Bluebonnet nominees for 2016-2017, I hit a roadblock (or two!) with The Fog Diver and Ratscalibur. They seem like good books, but they are just not for me. I read several chapters and could not get interested in the stories. However, I did find a really great book in the mix yesterday with a pretty basic cover. A Handful of Stars is awesome. I even cried a little at the end out of happiness! Definitely check that one out next fall when they are on display.

No comments:

Post a Comment