Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Back to the Books

I am so excited for this year! The books and I have missed the students so much. Some fun things going on right now are that I hid math word problems in the books so that the students can reinforce some of their math skills while being encouraged to check out more books. I wonder who will find one first?

Also, we are going to be learning about habitudes this year during PLC time in the library. Habitudes are habits and attitudes that I want the students to develop. The first one we are working on is curiosity and the students are going to be doing a lot of wondering in the next few weeks.

Our makerspace is still going strong and will be better than ever. Thanks to donors, we were able to add a button maker, a camera for instant pictures, and Osmo coding. Our book fair bonus points enabled me to get some magnetic building blocks and some circuit activities. I cannot wait to see the wonderful creations that will be made this year!

It is definitely a great time to visit the Bradfield library and see all that we have going on. Come on in...we are getting #futureready!

No comments:

Post a Comment