Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Region 10 Tech Conference

On Monday, I got a chance to escape the library and attend the Region 10 Tech Conference along with the other i3s in the district. It was a great PD experience and I learned from each session. It is busy season in the library so this post might be a little scattered, but I wanted to share some of the highlights from the conference.


Our keynote speaker was Steven W. Anderson @web20classroom He got the conference off to a great start! He talked about how when he was a kid he would go to the library to play Oregon Trail. A librarian introduced him to the Little House on the Prairie books and he fell in love with reading. Woohoo! Go librarians!


This cartoon from the keynote presentation made everyone laugh because it can be so true. We need to teach tech by letting students actually use it!


I love a Hey Girl meme and this one was great. We cannot be isolated. Teachers and other professionals have to be ok sharing.


My first session was about Adobe Spark. Our wonderful presenter fought through the wifi troubles and gave us a good overview of what can be created with this free program.


Here is the link to the session. 


Sorry for this picture being super crooked-I was trying to avoid a head in the way. My second session about about technology in T-TESS along with using GAFE for student-centered learning. It was a fast and furious amount of information, but I look forward to digging into it all soon.


Here is a picture of one of the important slides and the link to the page of material.
After this, I snuck out to grab some lunch from the the food trucks. I am in love with the mac and cheese from Soul Bowl. I wish we could have them parked out front for lunch everyday!


I ate really quickly because I wanted to keep going to sessions. I was looking forward to the makerspaces and badging one, but it was not quite what fits in my library. It did give me some ideas for making the badging movement work for me. Also, I learned about Human Libraries. I shared the idea with our 5th grade teachers for their biography projects for next year. 


This was a fun factoid! The link to the presentation is Makerspace and Badging


Next, I went to a great session about 10 Ways to Get Creative with the iPad by our very own digital learning team. They did awesome fitting in tons of tips in a short amount of time. 


For ways to use Educreations, Seesaw, numbers, and Google Slides...check out the link


\My next session was You Shared What?! about digital citizenship. This is something I teach once a year, but I now know ways to incorporate it throughout the year. Plus, the presenters were the most energetic and hilarious of the day!


My final session was about hyperdocs and was led by one of our digital coaches. I am doing a choice board session at iCon this year so I am always looking for new ideas. The funny kid videos also kept me awake after a long day! Here is the link

It was overall a very productive day and I cannot wait for next year's conference!

No comments:

Post a Comment