Monday, April 30, 2018

April 2018 in the Library

It is hard to believe that April is coming to a close and that there are only 6 more weeks left in this school year! April is a busy month that includes National Poetry Month, National School Library Month, and of course preparing for the upcoming STAAR tests. 


I got to start out April by attending my first ever Texas Librarian Association Conference in Dallas! Of course I stopped off at the booth for my alma mater UNT. 


I learned about these awesome books that we can order tons of copies of for free!


Of course I had to stock up on cute shirts as well. 


The following week was STAAR testing round one, but it was also school librarian day/week. Ms. Gonzales and Ms. Fallad were so awesome to send such sweet treats to end the week.


I decided to host a school-wide acrostic poem contest for Spring and I was amazed at how many entries we received. 


This is only a small portion of the huge display!


The first and second graders had their musical performance this month and incorporated poetry into the program. 


I squeezed in time to write some reviews on these books so that we could keep them for our collection. I am so glad that we have a review books program in #gisdlibraries because it gives us new books throughout the year. 



I continued working with my second grade book club buddies this month. We have been working especially hard on vocabulary. 


The students enjoyed making one pagers about vocabulary words from the story we read.


I have also been doing tutoring with 5th graders and 4th graders pretty much all semester. It has been a different experience teaching writing and science skills, but I have enjoyed adding in some reading with those. Only a couple more weeks of this tutoring and then the kids get to show what they know!


No comments:

Post a Comment