Thursday, February 1, 2018

December in the Library

December was a fast and furious month. I love setting up holiday books around the library and playing Secret Santa with the staff. There is just such joy in the world for a little while. Check out some of the fun we had this month!


Author Rubin Pingk joined two classes of 2nd graders via Google Hangouts to discuss his book Samurai Santa on Ninja Day.


Mr. Pingk shared the four ninja powers and taught the students movements to go with each one.


He also gave them a drawing lesson for the aspiring illustrators out there.


Our fabulous music teacher Mrs. Nelson left us a little earlier than expected to have her sweet baby girl so the rest of my team stepped up to put on a holiday sing along instead of a full program. The kids from grades 4 and 5 were decked out in their festive clothes. 


Our shelf elf Bookie flew in for another season of making sure students are using their shelfmarkers. Students were amazing to see him move! We all know Mrs. Ray is too short to reach up there.


I hosted this year's spelling bee wearing my North Texas shirt that was perfect for the occasion.


Congrats to these excellent spellers from 4th and 5th grade!


As we approached the end of the school semester and winter break, we said goodbye to our UTD grad students who were the coding club instructors. It was a lot of fun and a great group of kids.


I want to finish out with a book recommendation. I read this to kindergarten and first grade during the week before break. They loved it! I also took it home just in case we had some down time during the Christmas Eve festivities. My niece Lily and I read this book together. It was approved by her and she is a tough critic!

No comments:

Post a Comment