Friday, February 26, 2021

February in the Library 2021

 Just when we thought 2021 was going to be calmer than 2020, a blizzard happened! Check out the February events we managed to have even with the crazy Texas weather. 


Our students continue to do awesome with myON! 


February is Kindness month so we put up some inspiration quotes and participated in dress up days.


Our library got a little Valentine's Day spirit!


Our story walk for this month celebrated the Lunar New Year with Goldy Luck and the Three Bears.


This is was a definite favorite read aloud for this month. Everyone, including teachers, loved the message!


These books were purchased with a grant from DonorsChoose. They are great additions to our collection.


We celebrated self-care this month and our counselor did this awesome bingo game!


We received our last big book order of the year. I had originally ordered many of these titles at the start of the school year so I am happy to finally have them here!


I was nominated to be the Garland Chamber of Commerce Teacher of the Month for our campus. During the time of Covid, it just meant celebrating virtually but I sure appreciated the honor and support.


Thursday afternoon read alouds were back this month with this book. I love this series and the students joining me on Google Meets are enjoying the silly story.


We missed a whole week (plus a random day) for not one, but three ice/snow storms. We even had an actual blizzard. 


I did not have power for 48 hours straight so  spent most of the time just like this-a lap full of dogs trying to stay warm. My husband was home for part of the time so we read ghost stories and tales about Bigfoot. On my own, I read a biography about Lucille Ball.


We did a Twitter contest in the district for the where we shared books related to snow during the time that school was out. 


I could definitely relate to this one even though it is about a warm blackout day.


We celebrated Digital Learning Day when we got back from the unexpected week off of school. I posted this choice board on my Canvas page for all students. I also shared a video tip that was tweeted out in the district. 


March is going to fly by because we have a busy week of testing and Read Across America celebrations followed by two weeks off for spring break. I am definitely looking forward to some warmer weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment