Tuesday, March 30, 2021

March in the Library 2021

 March is such a quick month, but also action packed. We had Read Across America week, but no book fair this year. Then, we did a week of intersession and a week of Spring Break. The final week was a catch up and get ready for the rest of the year week. 


Our myON numbers for February were amazing! We won another banner for the contest in the district.


Our spring decorations are up along with books to celebrate Women's History Month.


Women in history are also in many of the books we have in the library. 


Green books celebrate March as well!


We were lucky enough to have author Chris Grabbenstein visit virtually with our first graders to discuss his book No More Naps


We had dress up days throughout the week and ended with our annual storybook character parade. I enjoyed wearing my favorite color and meeting Belle!


Students completed a reading bingo card throughout the week and then we did a drawing for prizes!


Over the break, our wonderful library aide Ms. Plote was awarded Paraprofessional of the Year! We are so proud of her and all of her hard work. 


I spent some time over the break working on professional development. Colby Sharp did a fantastic video for the North Texas Teen Book Festival. He discussed how he loved to read and then lost it, but then found that love again. He is so inspiring!


I also viewed this author panel and learned a lot about how they put their stories together.


I went to a couple of technology sessions that our district offered. One of them was some new ways to do digital breakouts. 


I was so excited from the breakout training that I created one of my own for the groups of 5th graders that I am working with. 



March marched in and out quickly, but always a fun month. I always feel anxious about April, but hopefully it passes quickly and quietly. It is hard to believe we only have a couple months left!

No comments:

Post a Comment