Friday, April 30, 2021

April in the Library 2021

 April always feels like the longest month, but I think it is just the anticipation for May/the end of the school year. There has been so much to do as we get ready for testing season and summer. 



Our students rocked it with myON yet again! 


Our spring, Earth Day, and books about reading/libraries filled our shelves.


We finally got our myON banners hung up. We added another one after this picture!


To celebrate National School Library Week, I was featured in our main hallway. I loved getting to share about my husband and our two dogs!


Our amazing office staff and admin blessed us with these baskets of goodies. I am so thankful for them and my incredible library assistant Ms. Plote!


The students wrote such sweet notes to us all week long!


My scanner died in an unfortunate accident when the CTA borrowed it so I have been typing in barcodes during library checkout...I am so happy to have a new scanner!


Our annual poetry contest was color poems. The students did a great job!


More of the cool color poems!


The representatives from myON came to present us with the Literacy Leader Award for this school year. We will be formally presented with it at the school board meeting in May-eek!


These fifth graders have been the top myON readers all year and are a big factor of why we won the award so I wanted to take a photo with them to celebrate. 


I collaborated with our counselor to work on an application for an SEL award for our school. We finally found out that we received the highest ranking of gold on our application!


Tomorrow starts MAY and so it is time for this song to be stuck in my head. We have a jam packed month of teacher appreciation, STAAR testing, and preparing for next school year while celebrating the success of this one. Pray for all the teachers in May ya'll because it a wild ride!


No comments:

Post a Comment