Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Fall Book Fair 2016

This week has been dedicated to our fall book fair. Students have been coming to shop, while also checking out library books. It makes for a crazy, but fun week. So far we have made over $1,000 and our school gets to keep a portion of that. Our goal is to make enough to buy the PebbleGo Social Studies database and maybe the Science database. Remember, the book fair will be open on Thursday until 7 p.m. and also on Friday until 11 a.m. We do take debit and credit cards along with cash.

For the month of October, I challenged our teachers to a Trick or Treat Twitter challenge. I will be sharing some of the fabulous tweets that have been produced and details about the prizes in another blog, but I wanted to share some of the amazing "shelfies" that our staff has taken with book fair books.
Our wonderful counselor Ms. Green (or Super Green) with Gone Crazy in Alabama 

Our amazing Ms. Orsini took this picture of Pete the Cat's Train Trip

Myself with There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Turkey because I love this whole series so I had to buy the latest one. I cannot wait until November to read it with the kids!

My people (or my peeps as we say in my family) are from the hills of Kentucky. When I read the description of this book, I knew I had to read it. This is a great story of being persistent and believing in yourself as well as your values. I also really enjoyed the words and their definitions.

No comments:

Post a Comment