Wednesday, January 11, 2017

STEAMing into 2017

On Tuesday, our school participated in STEAM day where students completed science challenges. Winners from each grade level will be chosen to compete at our district's STEAMposium in April. It is a fun event that I love volunteering at each year. I am looking forward to seeing all the cool science going on this year. Check the blog in April for a report on that! Meanwhile, view just some of the creativity that was going on with these kids making a rubberband car. I loved the teamwork and great ideas I heard in the library all day by 4th graders. 


Today, I was able to party with my two Bluebonnet Reading Challenge winners. These two students read 5 Bluebonnet books on their own. I do not get to see 3rd-5th grade students enough to read 5 Bluebonnet books with them so we tried making it an independent challenge this year. I am hopeful that more students will finish the challenge instead of just starting it next year. 


We watched a movie, ate lunch with a friend, and enjoyed cookies while voting!


The students also got a certificate, a book, a card game, and candy jewelry. 


I am excited to start reading next year's Bluebonnet books to prepare my questions for the next challenge. Reading is succeeding!

No comments:

Post a Comment