Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Welcome to 2017!

I am so excited to be back to start our second semester. My first semester goal was to blog every Wednesday and I did it! I took off the two week for the holidays of course. My goals for this semester are to continue blogging, do more screencasts for teachers, and focus more of my instructional time on what can build on the skills the teachers are teaching in the classroom. 

I got started on goal number 3 by using the Alphablocks strategy to teach nonfiction facts about whales to my first graders. 


They really enjoyed trying to find words that related to whales to go with each letter. They were shouting out words before I even opened the book!

 I plan to try it again with another topic and bring in using digital resources to round out the experience. Also, another teacher gave me a great idea of letting the students complete their own version in groups. 

Personally, my goal is to read more. I know, a librarian who needs to read more? But, I want to read more chapter books and not spend months finishing a book. I am going to try this reading challenge to keep me accountable. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment