Wednesday, March 8, 2017

#EdCampGarland

On Saturday I attended the first ever EdcampGarland at Naaman Forest HS. The event was planned and run by the digital learning coaches from the high schools. It was a great experience and I am excited to attend future edcamps along with this one next year! Check out some of the fun from Twitter along with my explanations. Sorry for not being in order, but it is book fair week along with Read Across America week so I am squeezing this blog in. :)


We played Twitter bingo throughout the day. The goal was to get to blackout by the end of the sessions.


 One of the bingo squares was to tweet a picture with a librarian so I was highly sought after for selfies throughout the morning.


My first session was breakout.edu boxes. It was so much fun! I have had Twitter envy seeing these at other trainings so I am glad I got to finally do it. 


There are not rules at EdCamps, but there are ways to make your experience better!


 I facilitated a session about ELA apps/websites. It is scary to facilitate at first but I love hearing all the awesome ideas.The room is definitely smarter!


Another selfie for Twitter bingo!


I helped a bunch of people with their Twitter bingo in my ELA session.


This is a cool app that makes the Breakout.edu boxes digital!


#gisdlibraries was well represented with Delma and Cheryl hanging out in the makerspace area


Mason had the idea to do an edcamp in Garland and all the participants are sure glad that he did!


Prizes were all over the places all day long. This was my first Twitter bingo prize.


I met one of my Twitter friends in person and she was the sweetest. She is going to make an awesome librarian very soon!

 My friends helped me check off several bingo squares early on. Two i3 members and a great teacher from Plano. 


We had to work hard to find a principal but we did it! Ms. Edwards was a picture perfect principal to help us check off a bingo square. I am also glad my fabulous student librarian Carole was able to join in on the learning!


 I did not attend the session on sketchnote, but I should have! This is on my radar for future edcamps.


Here I am faciliating the session on ELA apps/websites. I got the conversation rolling by presenting the website/app ThingLink. It has become one of my favorites since I did a webinar on it for i3.

Search #edcampgarland to see even more of the experience and to see the collaborative notes from the sessions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment