Thursday, March 30, 2017

Cross-Curricular Lessons

I am blessed with an amazing team so I wanted to highlight some of the ways we work together. The week before spring break was Read Across America and our fabulous music teacher incorporated Dr. Seuss books into her lessons.


 The students discussed emotions by reading My Many Colored Days.


The kindergarten students worked on vocal exploration with Mr. Brown Can Moo.


March is Music in our Schools Month so as soon as book fair was over, I knew I wanted to read some music books with the students. 


We read Today is Monday and kept a steady beat with our reading buddies.


The students enjoyed getting to read a fun musical story in the library.


It is also Youth Art Month in March so even though it has been crazy with testing, I managed to squeeze in an art lesson in the library using the book I Spy Shapes in Art.


 The students looked for the items in the painting and then did a silent check mark when they found it.

We also read about famous artists using the biographies on PebbleGo.


Here is the completed Spring display that my student librarian created.


It is also Women's History Month so I put together a small display to honor famous women.

I am exhausted from this week, but I am excited that next week starts School Library Month and Poetry Month! I am excited to start working on those displays soon. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment