Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Spring Time in the Library!

Today is March 1st so it is officially time to put away the winter and Valentine's day decorations. The weather here in Texas has thought that it was springtime for a while now anyway. Check out how our library transitions for spring.


Our wonderful student librarian Ms. Hensleigh created a display of green books. I never knew how many green books we had! There are even more waiting to go on the shelf as these books get checked out. I have also hidden some four leaf clovers in a few lucky books. I cannot wait to see who finds them first.Ms. Hensleigh will be adding some quotes about the color green to complete the display.


 Greenery and pretty flowers help our library feel more inviting.


I also switched out our genre of the month, word of the week, and habitude of the month. A new Pete the Cat poster and Eric Carle poster completed our hallway change up.


I have been doing some rearranging in our graphic novels and clearing out this year's bluebonnet books to make room for the new ones. The shelf is empty as we wait for the big reveal to happen in our library. 


I have been collecting the plush animals from Kohls for many years and this year I decided to show off my collection using our big back wall. The students and staff have really enjoyed seeing their favorite Dr. Seuss characters take center stage. 

I could hardly wait until payday so I could add this year's animals to my collection. They are so cute and cuddly that one teacher could not stop touching Thidwick!


The books that I do not have plush animals to go with are lining our long book shelf. There are so many that it took 2 pictures to get them all. The books will be flying off the shelves soon as teachers and students start celebrating Dr. Seuss.



2nd grade learned about Dr. Seuss' life from reading a biography on PebbleGo and then they illustrated a timeline about his life.


Our Read Across America week is next week due to a conflict at our school this week. Next week's blog will be all about our book fair and then the next one will include the fun from our celebration of reading week!

No comments:

Post a Comment