Wednesday, April 12, 2017

#EdCampGoo

This past Saturday was a busy, but great day of learning. I attended EdCampGoo and I facilitated two sessions. Thank you to the team that put together this event because it was very informative!


My first session was about booksnaps. I had heard a lot about these and I was very interested in learning how to make them. There were some very helpful peers in this session who helped me figure out how to make a Bitmoji and start on the path of creating booksnaps.


The second session was one I facilitated about GSuite apps. It turned out to be a group that was just getting started using Google and GSuite so we just stuck to the basics. I enjoyed sharing the presenter view features of the new Google Slides...it was a big hit!


My third session was about how to become a Google for Education Trainer. It was a small group, but I was able to get a few tips as I continue towards my path of being a certified trainer. 


I facilitated my fourth session about Level 1 and Level 2 Google for Education certifications. It was a little difficult to answer questions because the process is constantly changing, but hopefully I was able to help a few people out. 


The final session I attended was about hyperdocs. This was a great session. I had been wanting to learn more about hyperdocs and there were many resources shared in this session.


We wrapped up the day with prizes. While I did not win anything, the librarians were well represented in the winners' list...including the grand prize! I cannot wait for next year's event where I will hopefully be attending as a Google for Education Trainer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment